Affirmation and Mantra: Power Tools for Creative Change

, by Unknown


Planes are off course more than ninety percent of the time. Yet the pilots just keep correcting, over and over, and the plane arrives at its destination.

When someone first told me that, I thought, That’s the story of my life. I’ve been off course much of the time, but I keep remembering to do a bit of course correction now and then and get back on track. There are a vast number of ways to do course correction: find what works for you.

One very simple way to get back on track is just to take a single phrase and repeat it to yourself. For several months I repeated this quote from The Power of Now: 

To offer no resistance to life is to be in a state of grace, ease, and lightness.

Or pray ask and you shall receive. Christ wasn’t kidding when he said that. He meant it. And he didn’t say, Ask and you shall receive  if you deserve it! No, he simply told us to ask, and then promised we would receive.


Or find an affirmation to repeat to yourself, especially when you’re off track with anxiety, frustration, or fear. When I was a total poverty case, I affirmed this a few thousand times: I am sensible and in control of my finances. I am creating total financial success, in an easy and relaxed manner, a healthy and positive way. Many times I added in its own perfect time, for the highest good of all.


At first that affirmation was a long, long way from my reality. I am creating total financial success, I kept saying to myself, even though I was scrounging to get $65 together for rent for my apartment in the funky side of town. I kept repeating it, though, and within a matter of months its magic began working in my life. Money was no longer a mystery; the principles of wealth creation became clear to me they’re simple enough, in fact, for a child to understand. It became simple and easy to create the abundance I kept affirming. The next steps to take became obvious and, better yet, easy to take.

Find your own affirmations in your words. Keep playing with the words, and changing them until you find a phrase that resonates with every cell in your body.
Here are some powerful words to add occasionally: 

This, or something better, is now manifesting for the highest good of all concerned. You can even add this: This, or something better, is now manifesting
in totally satisfying and harmonious ways
for the highest good of all.

 
Affirmations are a kind of mantra, and mantras are powerful tools. We can only think one thought at a time; repeating a single phrase over and over sends powerful messages to your subconscious mind. Om mani padme hum is a mantra chanted and written and printed on millions of prayer flags around the world.

Those ancient words have great magical power. Om is the universal sound of creation. Mani is the jewel of wisdom. Padme is the lotus of bliss. Hum! brings it all into being. A poet named Daniel Moore translated it this way: Hail to the jewel of bliss in the lotus of consciousness! Om mani padme hum!
 
We can discover the magic in the old words, or we can use words in our own language and create the same effects. Choose a thought, a prayer, an affirmation, a phrase that sums up the essence of a book or teaching, and repeat it a number of times throughout the day. Repeat especially when doubts, fears, anxieties arise, and see what happens — and prepare yourself for some truly marvelous results!

Here’s a good thought to focus on for a while: What is the essence of what I learned from the books and courses I’ve taken and anything else that has changed my life for the better?


We can sum up the essence of the teaching in very few words, and these words can become our affirmations and mantras. They’re words worth imprinting deeply into our subconscious minds.


What does the Bible mean to you, essentially? For me, Christ said it all, simply and clearly: 

A new law I give unto you
love one another, as I have loved you.
 
It’s a message of compassion and tolerance and love. The great teacher in India in the last century, Ramana Maharshi, summed up his teachings with these words: The end of all wisdom is love, love, love. 

Creative Visualization and Seth Speaks come back to the same refrain: Your thoughts create your reality. The Magician’s Way says the same thing, in slightly different words: Your focus creates your reality. In that one sentence is the essence of what you could call magical creation: it is the key to creating the life of your dreams. Your focus creates your reality.
 
What does The Power of Now mean to you, in its essence? Eckhart Tolle says it so simply, and in so many ways, that you can take your pick of hundreds of brilliantly essential statements. Here’s one of my favorites at the moment: 

As far as your life situation is concerned,
there may be things to be attained or acquired.
That’s the world of form, of gain and loss.
Yet on a deeper level you are already complete,
and when you realize that, there is a playful, joyous energy
behind what you do.
 
To sum it up: Our thoughts are a powerful creative force, for good or for bad. Keep affirming I am now creating the life of my dreams, in an easy and relaxed manner, a healthy and positive way, in its own perfect time, for the highest good of all — and see what happens. Even if you’re off course almost all the time, you can keep getting back on course and you’ll reach your destination: your goal, your dream. I am now creating the life of my dreams, in an easy and relaxed manner, a healthy and positive way, in its own perfect time, for the highest good of all.